The Women’s Healthcare and Wellness Committee serves the South Bronx community by bringing awareness of various diseases and imparting healthy practices that can impact African-American women and their families. Recent programs and initiatives include:
• For Pink Goes Red and Heart Health Month, Tau Nu Omega hosted a virtual discussion on the correlation between heart disease and mental health.
• To help relieve stress during the height of the pandemic, Tau Nu Omega held a Mind & Body Stimulating Yoga Session, offering different techniques to help promote relaxation of the body.
• In support of front-line workers during COVID-19, Tau Nu Omega donated lunch to a South Bronx nursing home and saluted their efforts with a motorcade of well wishes and thanks.
• For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Tau Nu Omega initiated a Zoom discussion on breast cancer awareness and survival, providing attendees valuable clinical information, supportive holistic remedies, and testimonials from survivors.
• To honor caregivers, Tau Nu Omega highlighted chapter members who provide care for their spouse or loved ones. Videos and photos that depicted their personal caregiver story were collected. Alpha Kappa Alpha's North Atlantic Regional Director Mary Bentley-LaMar selected a video submitted by chapter member Clarieta Nelson to be highlighted in the Regional Caregivers Program.
Tau Nu Omega remains committed to ensuring the health needs of African-American women and their families in the South Bronx.
Click here to learn more about Target 2.
Copyright © 2021 Tau Nu Omega Chapter - All Rights Reserved.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated® is not responsible for the design and content of these web pages. They are the sole property and responsibility of the Tau Nu Omega Chapter, who hosts and maintains this site.
Questions? Email TNOtechnology@gmail.com.
Last Update: August 2021